Sunday 25 November 2012

Questionnaire Answers

I have asked managed to ask 20 people the questions on my questionnaire, these are the results I got...

1) This is the first question on my questionnaire; I asked this question to make sure the genre R'n'B is the right genre to use for my magazine as if it's not that popular with the target audience I would need to re-think the genre I am using. However, I have found out through my research that R'n'B is the most popular out of the rest of the genre's which conveys to me that I am making the right choice in using the genre R'n'B for my magazine. As long as my genre was the most popular or the second most popular I would be happy as I then know there are plenty of people that would buy a R'n'B magazine.

2) My second question was 'What colours would you associate with the genre 'R'n'B' ?' I asked this question so I had an idea of what colours to involve in my magazine so I don't have any colours that look out of place, e.g. Black and Dark Blue - these colours would be associated with rock rather than R'n'B so to put them in there may put the viewer off buying the magazine. A lot of the people I asked said Simplistic Colours would suite an R'n'B magazine, for e.g. Red, Blue, Yellow. Other people said Bright Vibrant Colours like Turquoise, Pink and Purple would suite the magazine, these are the main answers I got when asking this question. I am going to involve basic colours however I might brighten them slightly so I am pleasing more of my target audience.

3) My third question was asking how often people buy magazines; I asked this because it will help me decide how often I publish my magazine. I would not publish my magazine 'Every Two Months', 'Annually' or 'Never' for that matter, however I involved those answers so I got an idea of how often my target audience actually buy magazines, as if a lot of them said 'Annually' or 'Never' I would have to re-think my target audience or genre maybe. The answer with the most votes was 'Monthly', I am happy to publish my magazine monthly as its when my target audience would buy it most.



4)  For question four I had two questions that were similar but slightly separate, the first question was 'How much would you spend on a magazine that was sold weekly?' and the second was the same however asking how much the audience would pay monthly instead. Originally in my questionnaire it is just the one question however whilst asking my target audience that question they queried whether it was a monthly magazine or weekly magazine as that would change their answer, so I altered my question slightly by adding in 'monthly' and 'weekly' at the end. For a weekly magazine, the most popular price was £1.50p - £2.50p whereas for a monthly magazine the most popular price was £1.50p-£2.50p and £2.50p-£3.50p. This conveys to me that people would pay less money for a weekly magazine and would pay more for a magazine sold monthly. In my third question I managed to sort out how often I would publish my magazine; this helps a lot with deciding the price I will have for my magazine. I have decided the price range will be from £2.00-£3.00.


5)  For question 5 I asked whether my audience would rather advertisements for Free Things or Competitions in my magazine. I asked this question so I know what sort of Pug to put on my front page, as most of my audience answered Free Things I will put an advertisement for Free Things on my front page. The general comments I got from my audience is that sometimes the 'Free Things' can be a trick into you actually spending money however they would prefer Free Things to Competitions because with competitions there is a very small chance of you winning.

6) For question 6 I asked whether the audience would prefer a formal magazine, an informal magazine or a magazine that involves both a formal and informal style. I found out that my audience would like a magazine that involves both a formal and informal attitude. I asked this question so I knew what type of sttitude my magazine should have, as this could have an effect on how well my magazine sells.

7) For question 7 I asked my audience what attracts them most to a magazine, the options were between the image on the front cover, the coverline, the masthead, the features, the colour and the font. I asked this question so I know what element to focus on a lot more and to make sure its at its best standard. The most popular answer was the image on the front cover with 7 people out of 20 voting it, and the second most popular was the coverline with 5 people out of 20 voting it. The least popular was the font with only 1 person voting that. This shows to me that I need to focus on the picture on the front cover and the coverline.

8) For question 8 I asked the audience what sort of article they would most like to be included in the magazine out of a real life story, a star interview, a star story, a review and fashion advertisements. I asked this question so I had an idea of what to do for my double page spread. The most popular answer was a star interview with 8 out of 20. The least popular was a review, this conveys to me that a star interview would attract the audience more to the magazine and help it to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment