Sunday 25 November 2012

Target Audience Profile

I have been thinking about my demographic audience for my magazine and this is what I have come up with...

Gender; My magazine is aimed at both male and females, but I'd say it lent more towards females as it involves beauty and fashion; this is something males would not be too interested in.

Age; 16 - 25
I have chosen this age because my magazine will include formal and informal language, and to understand the language in my magazine you will have to be educated well in some way; whether its educated with the new and upcoming music, or educated when it comes to understanding proper english.
If I started the age even younger I am afraid it may not be right for them as some things may cause offence, e.g. my pictures may have a model with very high heels on, or short shorts and this is something children below the age of 16 should not be seeing as they could copy it and parents would not like it. I feel people over the age of 25 would be too mature perhaps, so they might not relate to the magazine as much.

Interests;
My audience would be interested in R'n'B music and maybe rap music as this is something that will be included a lot in my magazine. Fashion is another thing that will be included in my magazine so my demographic audience may have a feel for new and upcoming fashion. My magazine will also involve little features like beauty and horoscopes so my audience may be concerned about their looks and what their horoscopes say.

Magazines they buy;
The magazines my audience may already buy are magazines similar to mine; these would be magazines such as vibe and blender. Both of these magazines talk about R'n'B music and rap also and involve artists that are new and known very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment